loading...

Sunday, June 5, 2016

SPRING 2016 Teaching of English Code 519 Level B.Ed. Assignment No. 4




AIOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT # 4 CODE 519 SPRING 2016

 The aiou solved assignment 4 for b.ed course code 519 for the semester spring 2016 is ready for you students please find here your solved assignment.
Question No. 1: Differentiate between the time and tense. Explain difference forms of tenses and their usage.
Answer: Time and tense: Tenses are the basic structure for a language. We cannot understand any language completely without knowing the basic principles of grammar.
1.       Definition: Pronouns.
There are three persons (First person, Second person and third person)
Person                  Singular                Plural
1st person           I                               We
2nd person         You, they             You, they
3rd person          He, she, it            They, their
(All other pronouns except I, we, you)
Negative sentences: Opposite of positive or affirmative including no or not.
Affirmative sentences.
A sentence (positive) in which the sense of yes is conveyed.

Interrogative sentence:
A sentence in which a question is asked. It needs a question

Time and Tense:
The notion of time, present time and past time is universal and is independent of language. Tense on other hand is linguistic device — a verb form or series of verb forms used to express time relation. We can classify the three times as three tenses although there is a clear distinction between tense and time, which will be, elucidated all the proper place.  1. Present tense                 2. Past tense.     3. Future tense.

The twelve forms of tenses are listed here: -
1.       Present tense: - Present tense has the following categories: -
• In this tense first form of the verb is used with addition of 's' or 'es' with 3'd person singular. For describing a habitual, permanent or repeated action e.g. I live in a big town (habitual). He always sleeps with his windows open (addition of’s’ with sleep). General, universal or true statements or proverbs; the earth revolves around the sun (true statement). Most of us probably too much meat (general).
• For describing an event which depends on a fixed timetable to express a future action e.g. the next train leaves at 10.00 am (fix time, future action).
• Describing a demonstration giving the summary of a story of or events in a play. For example: First I fill the beaker with acid. Then I add the crystals. I heat the beaker and it turns yellow demonstration).
·         In subordinate causes of time (when you see Hammad tomorrow, remember me to him).
·         In exclamatory sentences. Here comes the great hero of the war! There goes the ball in the basket.

Present Continuous tense:
This tense is formed by using the first form of the verb to be a past participial (write +ing) e.g. I am writing. For an action which began in the past and will terminate in the future but which at the moment of speaking is in compete and is still counting e.g. what are you doing? The moon is shining. To express the futurity especially with verbs of movement like go, come, leave etc e.g. we are going to Lahore on Sunday. We are leaving by air.

Present Perfect tense:
-Present perfect tense is named by using the present tense of the verb to have had and past participial of the verb which is commonly called the 3r° form of the verb. It is used;
·         For an action just concluded when the resulting stage is still present e.g. I have lost my book, I am unable to read any topic have lost the book concluded action and unable to read the topic, resulting state still present.
·         To devote an action which took place at an unspecified time before now, in this case we are usually more interested in the result of the rather than the action itself e.g. somebody has drunk all my soup or who has eaten the mangoes?
·         For duration of an action began in the past and continuing in the present) and possibly in the future) e.g. I have not visited him for ten year. I have taught this class for ten years.
·         When the time of action is indefinite e.g. I have seen this film before. He has tested the fruit of success many a time.
·         Perfect tense is used in phrase, which almost always have since, in them e.g. He has been here since 1955.
·         It is used with 'already' e.g. I have already explained. VII. It is used with adverbs of frequency e.g. often, never always etc e.g. He has often / never/ always done this. Have you ever heard of such a thing.

Present perfect Continuous:
This tense devotes an unspecified time in the period before now, and now. It is usually relates to something which began but did not necessarily finish the period between before now and now. In particular we are interested in the process of action. I have been living in this house for two years. I have been working here since morning. This tense and other perfect continuous tenses are usually associated with since or for; for is used when the duration of the time is measured i.e. we can state the exact period spent, e.g. He has been living here for ten year. Since is used when a starting point in time is green. He has been living in Pakistan since 1947.

Past tense (past indefinite tense) or simple past:-
This tense is used for a time before now, earlier than nor. It describes something, which began, and ended before the present i.e. it describes a complete action. For example; I went to the Zoo last Sunday. The French Revolution block out in 1789. I was born in a small town.

Past continuous tense: 
This tense describes something which began in the past but which had not finished the time of speaking i.e. it describes an unfinished action. He has waiting for a hot cup of tea. As I was looking at the picture, the thief stole my purse.

Past Perfect Tense: 
This tense is used to speak of an action concluded before a certain time in the past or before the occurrence of another article. It is formed by had + a past participle e.g. Ali learned French before came to France. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. To express duration up to a certain time limit in the past. For example; By the time Ahmed passed the examination, he had studied in the class for five years. In direct speech to express an idea that in direct speech had been in the past or present perfect tense. Direct: - He said, " I have written her a letter." Indirect: - He told that he had written her a letter.

Past perfect continuous tense:
This tense is formed by had been + present participle:-
 • To express the duration of some action up to a certain time in the past. For example, When I reached the meeting hall, the speaker had already been speaking for half an hour.
• For the use of past perfect continuous in reported speech.
Direct: - I SAID, " What were your doing this morning?
Indirect: - I asked her what she had been doing that morning?

Future Tense: -
Future Indefinite The simple form of the future tense is the normal usage of shall for the first person singular and plural and will, for all other persons. Example: We shall see who is ill. I shall be 30 years on 11th, August. They will not be able to come tomorrow. Will she first person will is used to express willingness promise or determination. Shall': - Conversely, shall clevises determination, promise, permission, prohibition, threat etc with the second and third person. For example; You shall have the money as soon as I get it (Promise). He shall have every thing he needs (permission). He shall not come here again (threat, prohibition). this school shall be the best in future (determination).

Future Continuous tense:-
 The future continuous tense is used to express ' future activity beginning before and finishing after some given time in the future. For example; what will you be doing this time tomorrow? It is also used to indicate future plans that have already this year.
• To devote an action this may be going on now and this year. We think of it continuing in the future. I wonder if it will still raining in the after noon.
• It is also used when we project our self a future time and see a some thing happening . For example, I will be seeing Aslam in this evening.

Future perfect tense: -
• This tense is formed by the future tense of have+a past participle. It indicates a complete period of time in the future later than now. For example: by the time you receive this letter, I will have left Pakistan.
• I is now 8..00 PM. I shall have finished my work by 10.00 pm.
• This tense indicates duration up to a time in the future. E.g. when I leave the colleague next month, I shall have taught this class for ten years.
• To denote a possibility or presumption. For example, it is 6.00 p.m., they will have arrived home by now.

Future perfect continuous tense:-
This tense is formed by the future tense of have + been + a present participle and is used to express the duration of an action up to a certain time in the future. This tense is often not needed. It is only the tense system, which shows us to say something. For example: It is 6'O clock, I am reading the novel, war and peace. At 8'0 clock I will have been reading it for two hours.

Conditional tenses:-
Conditional tenses are used to show one action or event depends on another. Conditional clauses are of two kinds distinguished by the form and meaning of the principal clause. There are two basic types of conditional tenses, one which has one open condition and in the other the condition is hypothetical (supposition). In both the conditional sentences can be made with 'if'. They may be called, if sentences. These if sentences can be used in the present tense, past tense and in the past perfect tense. In 'if' clause the future tense cannot be used, even if the meaning is in the future.

A. 'if' clause: Present tense in the if clause.
1. If you are right I am wrong (present).
2. If you help me I will help you (Future).
3. If I get this right I shall have answered all the questions correctly (Future perfect)

B. Past tense in 'if' clause.
1. If I said, I apologize (present).
2. If I said that, I was mistake (past)
3. I made a mistake; I will try to remedy it (future).

C. Present perfect tense in 'if' clause.
1. If I have made a mistake, I will try to remedy it (future).
2. If you have done your work, you may go to the cinema (present)

Hypothetical conditions:-
Hypothetical sentences are these which may be contrary to fact of just something thought to be factoring something which is considered impossible. In' such hypothetical condition the simple past tense is used in the 'if' clause, and would or should + the infinitive are used in the main clause e.g. If Khaliq were here he would know the answer. If I had the money I would by a new car. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Something of this kind may refer to the present time, time or future time as explained here

Present time: -
If I had the money, I should by a new car, if I needed a haircut, I would go to the barbar. In these sentences had, needed are in the past tense but these sentences express a present condition. They mean 'if' had the money now.

Past time: If Ahsan had worked hard (in the past) he would have passed. If I had the money (some year ago) I would have bought a bigger house.

Future time: -If you went there you would see what I mean. If our train were to arrive punctually, we should have time to attend the funeral. If Hamid worked hard next term he would pass the examination. Use of, used to, and would, in the past continuous tense. When went to emphasizes or draw attention to any activity in the past which no longer happens. We usually use the pattern used to + main verb e.g.
When Fayyaz was young he used to go the football match every day. I used to go to school n a city of Vehari when I was young. Two things should be remembered in the use of used to: -
(i)                  It is never used in the present tense as there is no form, used to
(ii)                (ii) Used to is use with an expression of an indefinite period of time, use can say, I used to go to school in Vehari when I was a boy. But we say, I went to school in Vehari for eight years.
To attend to, used to, us, would, which is mainly used in stories. Foe example: -Every Saturday evening father would take out his old Piaher and start to play old songs. We had to listen politely and pretend to enjoy his playing. Mother used to look us severely if we laughed or made noise. Sometimes father would go on for hours. 

FOR Q # 2 TO 5 PLZ CLICK  here

0 comments:

Post a Comment